Thank you for your interest in the Maple Leaf gun club.
To become a member at Maple Leaf Marksmen you must have a valid PAL or RPAL.
Here is the procedure for becoming a member at our club:
- Facility tours and new member orientations are held on Sunday morning before our weekly Polar Bear Fun Shoot at 10:00am.
- Club Executive and Directors take care of tours and orientations. Come out to the range on Sunday and look for someone wearing a red badge (Executive) or a green badge (Director), introduce yourself as a potential new member and ask for a tour.
- Either after the orientation or on another day, new members may come out to the outdoor range to shoot .22 cal rifle with a Range Officer/Director. (The orientation person will provide more details on this.) The object of supervised shoots is for aspiring members to become familiar with the facility, our safety practices and to interact with other members, and for a shoot supervisor to provide advice and ensure membership candidates are handling firearms within club safety standards. If new members don’t have a .22 cal rifle, one can be provided. At the end of the supervised shoot, usually around 30 minutes, the supervising Director will sign the membership application. After getting signatures 6 times (over 6 visits) from a minimum of 3 different Directors, new members can sign up and pay the membership fee.
- the New Member Application will be provided during orientation along with Club Rules
- Everyone must do the 6 supervised shoots before becoming a member; no exceptions are made based on experience or training.
- the Director doing your orientation can give advice on other possible times for supervised shoots if Sunday, is difficult for you.
- There is no cost for the orientation and 6 supervised rifle shoots.
- After joining, members can shoot high caliber rifles, and take the club level handgun safety training if they choose to. Successful completion of the handgun training gives members the right to bring pistols to the club.
- The cost for the handgun safety course is around $50 or $60, but the cost is determined by the instructor assigned, since the instructor’s pistols (various calibers) and ammunition are used during the training.
If you’re interested in becoming a member, come out on a Sunday morning at 9:00 for an orientation and facility tour. There’s always someone there on Sunday morning.
At this time, we’re only able to accommodate new members on Sunday morning.
For more info, call Don 289-219-0291
Thanks again for your interest.